Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It leads to the Source...

I've finally had time to post the Verilog source for the 4004 CPU to my OpenCores project.

The sources posted synthesize for the Xilinx Spartan-3e using the WebPack edition of ISE 12.4 XST, and simulate using ISim. They also synthesize using the Lattice iCEcube2™ tool chain for the HX40 series, though I haven't tried loading that yet.

I haven't yet posted the test bench code, nor have I posted the code implementing the 4001 ROM chip. I'll get around to this sooner or later, I promise.

I have this fantasy of finishing the layout of the remaining boards in time to populate them over the christmas holidays, but realistically that's unlikely to happen. It's somewhat more likely that I'll do some layout during the holidays, get them fabricated in January, and work on them over the following months.

No comments:

Post a Comment